Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This Could Be Your Daughter




My friend Lacey C. Clark has a post on her Facebook page where a 14 year old girl (not the one picured here) has had her face slashed to the inner facia (white tissue) from temple to chin; completely laid open so deeply that it makes my insides hurt to see it. When I saw this picture, I was reminded that The Peace & Beauty Project will do more. Our girls are our responsibility. We need to bring them back in. Back in the day a movie called Drop Squad kind of gave us an idea. We need to do a mass SANKOFA. We need to take our girls back. They are the leaders of this movement.


I just saw this picture today; this happened in March of this year, supposedly over a boy. A boy!!! I believe like my husband believes that these slashings have nothing to do with boys, but self hate. You have to really hate who you are to be able to do this to another person. Our girls can be using the energy they spend planning and plotting to scar someone for life to make some real potent and powerful moves in our communities; use their powers for good. This is one of the things that The Peace & Beauty Project is about. We need our girls to step up and lead this movement. Please visit http://www.peaceandbeautyproject.org/ to sign up for notification and to learn when and where we meet.


Blessed love my sisters and I look forward to seeing you in the tribe.



No comments:

Post a Comment